13 How to be a Positive Person (1)
We have all heard this universal truth: “If you want to achieve something in life, you have to practice, practice and practice.” This practice has happened with famous musicians, painters, artists, singers and so on. The positive thinker has to follow this universal truth to become one. So start practicing and practicing.
Many years ago, I started making a list of phrases that improved my mood. Every sentence I heard, or read, I immediately copied into a small notebook. Then I classified these phrases, and I made two lists of 20 sentences each. Then I reclassified them, and the new list only had 28 sentences. I am going to share them with you. If you like them, you can practice them. If not, you can discard some or all and make your list. The goal is to have positive phrases to practice. Yours or mine does not matter.
With my list or your list, you should do the following:
– Memorize the sentences. Copy them on a small piece of paper and keep it on hand to read them when you need to.
– Use them at any time of your day. Make it a habit.
– If you feel anxiety or depression, use them as soon as possible.
– If you do not have good results, be patient. Keep practicing. Never give up. As always, some days you will fail. Do not worry.
– Pray that God will give you strength to continue when you get discouraged. When your mind is filled with these thoughts, you have won the battle.
If your depression and anxiety persist, you have to find a specialist. There’s nothing wrong with looking for one. It is completely normal to ask for help. Do not be afraid.
My first seven sentences are the following:
1) I get into my mind the obsessions that humble, and with God’s help, I am going to succeed in life. No power in this universe can make me fail. NVP
2) Positive thoughts with God’s help will give me such power that I can do what I want to do. NVP
3) I may be mature, and yet my greatest accomplishments may come in the sunset of my life. NVP
4) God had not given us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
5) I feel that God is inviting me to “get out of the boat” in starting to write about Him right now. He is assuring me that it is ok to fail. With failing, I am learning. With failing, I am getting my goal. Regarding Matthew 14: 29
6) I am not a failure if I do not make it….I am a success because I tried. Unknown
7) Formulate and stamp indelibly on my mind a mental picture of myself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. My mind will seek to develop this picture. Never think of myself as failing; never doubt the reality of the mental image. So I always picture “success,” with God’s help, no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment. NVP
(NVP is a famous writer of positive thinking; his name is Norman Vincent Peale) (Some sentences I do not remember who created them)
I consider myself a positive person. This positivism has helped me in many circumstances of life. I practice my positive thinking daily with my cancer with good results. You can do the same. Follow my advice. In other posts, I will show more of my positive phrases. I wish you the best. Share your experiences so you can help other people.
BONUS: Practice walking. You will have great improvement, and you will enjoy a lot.